What did we learn or gain from this video? The following are some notes from Jackie’s discussion with the class about my presentation of the Andy Goldsworthy documentary video, “Rivers and Tides” [see also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TWBSMc47bw]. Some are Jackie’s comments but mostly they are the children’s comments on what they learnt from the video:
- enjoyment of making art
- confidence in making art
- if you do it slowly, it gets more detailed and if you rush it won’t look as good
- inspired by the work
- That art isn’t always about having to paint it. You can use nature to do it.
- “what about Permanency – does it have to last forever?” No…
- Time in nature itself. “Although he looked at his watch, he was also using the tides of nature, the time of nature, to challenge him”
- “It was good to see adults getting challenged. Learnt about perseverance.” Adults never get challenged “- yes we do! “
- Didn’t use tools to do it. Use nature to make it. And all the elements… as shown in the whiteboard snapshot above..